Re: Lilypond Windows

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: Lilypond Windows
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:52:00 +0200

Hello Dominique,

DC> I've just downloaded and installed lilypond from internet with setup.exe in
the directory c:\test.
DC> When I execute the batch file I get an error telling me that these files:
DC> - bash.exe
DC> - cygpath.exe
DC> - regtool.exe
(If  the  too  latter  are  missing, that means they've been
launched, and not by the .bat file)
DC> are missing?
DC> When I install them, and run lilypind on Paddy's test file I get another
error message:
DC> - missing init.txt file?

As  specified in the installation and troubleshooting pages,
not  installing  LilyPond in the default c:\cygwin folder is
call for trouble. Unfortunately, some paths seem to still be
hard coded. It's also possible you didn't install EVERYTHING
listed in setup (just installing Lilypond won't work).

If  the  former explanation is the good one, I'd suggest you
use Search&Replace(http://www.funduc.com/search_replace.htm)
and look for the following strings :
   - /cygwin
   - \cygwin
   - cygwin/
   - cygwin\

And replace them (manually) by /test, \test, etc.

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                            mailto:address@hidden