Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 11:51:34 -0400

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 4:18 AM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm pretty sure there are no Mac build instructions for Lilypond.
> >
> > The Linux build instructions are in the Contributor's Guide.
> >
> > GUB is a Linux build environment.
>
> The CG does not contain GUB building instructions I think, just native
> ones.  LilyPond uses autoconf (and its own stepmake on top) and thus
> building on MacOSX natively is not significantly different from building
> on Linux natively.

Thanks, that’s kind of where I was going to start in the absence of
anything more specific.

That said, I *would* like to look at whatever controls the current Mac
builds on GUB. Am I correct that that is the lilypond.make I mentioned
earlier?

Hunting dependencies might be less fun, of course.

Shouldn’t be a big deal, but those are famous last words. :)

--
Marnen Laibow-Koser address@hidden http://www.marnen.org Sent from Gmail
Mobile