Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 20:09:55 -0600

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 2:59 PM Karlin High <address@hidden> wrote:
> The post has its own link
> <https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/114179>

And this, I think, is our answer:

"
john daniel
Mar 7, 2019 12:55 PM
A requirement to restrict the use of Xcode files to Apple-branded
hardware is not a new development. You can check the Wayback Machine
for Xcode licenses back to 2011, which have the same wording. You can
also download old copies of Xcode and check their licenses. Out of
curiosity, I did just that. Unfortunately, the first version of Xcode
(2.4) that supports 64-bit code also has the Apple-branded
restriction. I also checked Xcode versions 2.2.1 and 2.3 that include
the 10.4 SDK. These also have the Apple-branded restriction. There is
a stand-alone 10.4 SDK installer available for download that does not
have this restriction. Hopefully that is the SDK that you've been
using this whole time.

Going forward, I suggest that your project acquire a Mac or someone
with a Mac to do builds and testing. A Mac can also do Linux and
Windows builds.
"
There was another suggestion to contact Apple's legal team for advice
on this, or (however unlikely) special permissions for SDK usage.

Comments?
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA