debugging problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: debugging problem
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 09:38:49 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

while trying to find out why

doesn't work as expected, I stumbled across a problem that I'm not
able to locate since hours.

Consider this call (with the patch from issue #5472 applied), where
lilypond gets configured and compiled in a separate directory
`lilypond.compiled':

  cd /home/wl \
  && mkdir out-test \
  && /home/wl/git/lilypond.compiled/out/bin/lilypond -V \
      -H texidoc \
      -H options \
      -o ./out-test \

/home/wl/git/lilypond/input/regression/midi/crescendo-gap-compatible-target.ly

Where is the output name constructed for the MIDI file?  To be more
precise, where is the string

  /home/wl/git/lilypond/input/regression/midi/crescendo-gap-compatible-target.ly

converted to the basename of the MIDI file?  Right now, in function
`write-performance-midis' (file `midi.scm'), `basename' is already

  /crescendo-gap-compatible-target.ly

(note the incorrect leading slash)...

Any help is highly appreciated.

    Werner