Re: gub: I can now completely build lilypond

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: gub: I can now completely build lilypond
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 20:57:39 +0100

Am Sa., 12. Jan. 2019 um 17:30 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> > because you wrote "no longer bound to a certain architecture", I gave
> > it a try on my 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04.  [...]
> >
> > [...]
> > building package: darwin-ppc::odcctools
> >  *** Stage: download (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
> >  *** Stage: untar (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
> >  *** Stage: patch (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
> > sh: 1: ./32bit: not found
> > error: cannot run 32 bit executable: 32bit
> > [...]
> >
> > Not really surprising for me, or should it been working?
>
> It should work.  I exclusively use a 64bit openSUSE box.  However, I
> have a lot of 32bit packages installed needed for other stuff.
>
> Looking into `gub/cross.py', I see the following comment:
>
>   def setup_linux_x86 (logger, name, x86_cross):
>       '''Hack for using 32 bit compiler on linux-64.
>
>       Use linux-x86 cross compiler to compile non-64-bit-clean packages such
>       as nsis and odcctools.  A plain 32 bit compiler could also be used,
>       but we do not have such a beast.  Make sure to have 32-bit
>       compatibility installed:
>           apt-get install ia32-libs
>       '''
>
>   [...]
>
> So it seems that you have to add some packages – and the gub
> installation instructions should probably be updated, too...
>

>     Werner

I tried:

 sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

But it returned:

 Reading package lists... Done
 Building dependency tree
 Reading state information... Done
 Package ia32-libs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
 is only available from another source
 However the following packages replace it:
  lib32ncurses5 lib32z1

E: Package 'ia32-libs' has no installation candidate

I've now done
sudo apt-get install lib32ncurses5
sudo apt-get install lib32z1
rm
/home/harm/gub/target/darwin-ppc/status/odcctools-278-odcctools-iphone-dev-278
make lilypond

Let's see how far I get.
According to Knut it should fail lateron

Thanks,
  Harm