Re: GUB lilypond build fails

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB lilypond build fails
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 12:29:37 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2018 8:42 PM

It now fails with a different file not found, but essentially still
the same: [...]

OK.

If I try to locate the file we get: [...]

Are these files displayable?  You could try

 gv -nosafedir -nosafer foo.eps

A curious other problem which I'd not remarked on before is that a
little higher in the output I get:

Operand stack:
(/home/gub/NewGub/gub/target/linux-x86/root/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/emmentaler-20.otf) (r)
[...]
Last OS error: No such file or directory

Does this file exist?

When I was building from git master (just a lily build, not GUB) I
had the same error until I nuked the build directory and started
from scratch.

I haven't dived into doing partial builds at all...

Right now I'm working on improving fontconfig support to not use fonts
outside of gub.  After this step I'm going to write a script to
convert the absolute file paths in the `test-output' tarball to
relative paths so that you don't need a `NewGub' user for a complete
build.

The problem with "NewGub" would seem to be my issue. I've always made and uploaded GUB in a VM with a user gub and a directory called NewGub under that user's home directory. I'm currently trying to build from a user with a home directory called gubd and in a directory called GubDir. I do have a user called gub (it's where the VM lives) and could create a directory called NewGub and try to see if this works at this time. Watch this space.

--
Phil Holmes