Re: GSoC Proposal - SVG Export

From: Étienne Beaulé
Subject: Re: GSoC Proposal - SVG Export
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 23:21:17 -0500

Having glyph styling through CSS is one of the goals of this project. In the
use of « currentColor, » it does seem to follow specifications. If an object
does not have a colour associated with it, it should leave the colour to the
viewer. However, the current SVG backend should be able to use CSS more
effectively with classes and ids. In terms of colour, it currently wraps
objects of a colour in a <g tag to change the current colour of sub-elements.
Thus, there should be better use of SVG styling with some modifications on the
use of currentColor (when it should be overwritten) but as a whole should
remain.

Étienne