Re: what happened with janneke/gub on github?

From: James
Subject: Re: what happened with janneke/gub on github?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:57:53 +0000

Hello

On 20/11/2018 10:24 pm, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 11/20/18, 3:08 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Karlin High" <address@hidden on
behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

     On 11/20/2018 3:48 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
     > Yes, but our documentation still talks about Jan's repository, which
     > seemed to be available a few months ago, and which is now gone.
(CC to Jan Nieuwenhuizen) The GitHub repository <https://github.com/janneke/gub> says 404 Not
     Found. Its home page as of June 10, 2018 seems visible at archive.org:
<http://web.archive.org/web/20180610233127/https://github.com/janneke/gub> It doesn't seem very functional, though. The question, then: does the documentation need changing from GitHub
     "janneke/gub" to "gperciva/gub" or will the repository be restored and
     brought up to date?

The documentation needs changing.

I'll push something now as I don't think this needs an issue/countdown but I'll wait for a bit in case someone has objections.

James

Jan has stated that he has no interest in maintaining GUB; he sees it as a
specialized environment that is not worth spending his development time on.  He
would rather spend his time on getting a LilyPond-ready GUIX.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2018-07/msg00118.html

Thanks,

Carl