Re: Improve markup->string (issue 347000043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Improve markup->string (issue 347000043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 03:07:35 -0800

On 2018/11/11 10:57:31, thomasmorley651 wrote:
On 2018/11/10 12:53:18, dak wrote:
> I wonder whether it might be reasonable to just have all markup
commands with
> last argument of markup? produce their last (recursively treated)
argument as
> default, and possibly all markup list commands with a last argument
of
> markup-list? similarly produce their last argument?  That leaves
fewer
commands
> to cater for and would also make some user-defined commands work
reasonably
> well.

I think I do not fully understand what you mean.

More a case of me talking about stuff I know nothing about.

'all-relevant-markup-commands' tries to get all markup-(list-)commands
where
'markup->string' may return reasonable output.

I have to get used to the thought of not having the monopoly on good
ideas.  That's all.  I had assumed that you work with large lists of
markup commands and rules rather than this kind of deduction and didn't
even bother to check.

Sorry for the noise.

https://codereview.appspot.com/347000043/