ISO git-and-patch mentoring/assistance

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: ISO git-and-patch mentoring/assistance
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 09:57:46 -0400

Hello all,

I'm reaching out for help with the git-and-patch process for my first two
patches. They are both very small changes — one is a tweak to an existing music
function, one is the addition of a few pieces of syntactic sugar — which I
think are perfect as first attempts/submissions.

I believe I have all the skills to do it all myself — or, of course, could RTFM
— but there are two things I definitely need to be successful:

1. a tutor/mentor willing to answer questions the moment I get stuck on any
step (because otherwise, the mountain of items on my "regular life" to-do list
will simply swamp this effort); and

2. an accountability colleague, willing to check in with me if the process
stalls.

If there’s anyone here with the patience to help me out of the starting block,
I think I could contribute (on my own) more to the ’Pond once my life settles
down in the New Year.

Feel free to respond off-list.

Thanks,
Kieren.