Re: Use a stable sort when ordering MIDI items (issue 353790043 by addre

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Use a stable sort when ordering MIDI items (issue 353790043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 17:54:32 -0700

On 2018/11/01 03:23:21, c_sorensen wrote:

On 10/31/18, 7:32 PM, "Dan Eble" <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:

But I still wonder if we should use both sort and stable_sort.  Seems
like we
have no reason (unless it's a performance issue) to use both.

Using a stable_sort where it isn't necessary could miscue later
maintainers who are not familiar with the context.  I don't appreciate
stuff like that when I'm reading unfamiliar code, but it's also easily
remedied with the short comment, e.g. "stable_sort is just paranoia;
equivalent items are not expected."

https://codereview.appspot.com/353790043/