Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:06:31 -0700 (MST)

Adam Good-3 wrote
> Attached is a shortish example showing that Rast and Segah transposition
> works great and shows bestenigar and revnaknuma with the fb in the key
> signature with two examples of what Bestenigar and Revnaknuma should look
> like.

Hi Adam,

When applying my solution to your bestenigar and revnaknuma examples
(denoted "Torsten's mod") perfectly matches your manually tweaked "should
look like this" versions.
That's pretty good for a start (and it's transposable), but I'll think about
a convenient syntax.

As it looks like, we need a customized non-standard function somewhere,
because the key signature resp. the pitches-alist it produces has to depend
on the final tonic ("final" because of transpability).
In standard LilyPond and western music, the key signature matches the scale,
and, actually the "key signatures" like \minor, \major, \dorian etc. are
actually saved as scales.
That's why it is getting a bit inconvenient if we need to omit scale
accidentals in the key signature, at least if this has to be work in all
keys and even with transposition.

This is the current bestenigar and revnaknuma result:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/bestenigar-revnaknuma.png>

All the best,
Torsten

--