Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Turkish makam using regular.ly
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 18:28:12 +0200

> On 21 Oct 2018, at 17:41, Adam Good <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hans and everyone,
> This is about as much as I can do for a new Turkish Makam .ly file,
> see attached: turkish-makam.ly Hans it's very similar to what I sent you
> privately, took out some unwanted pitch definitions.
>
> I can see this replacing the current makam.ly file since it uses the same
> pitch names and glyphs etc.

I made a version that allows one to switch to Helmholtz-Ellis notation, with
arrow accidentals: Just uncomment the line
  %    \bravuraOn
and recompile, making sure that the files definitions.ily and smufldata.ily are
present, along with the Bravura.otf font.

With the work that Torsten Hämmerle mentioned, somewhere in LilyPond 2.21,
Smufl will not be needed.

So the extra work to get this feature is minimal.

> One thing to work on and it should be spelled out in the file is the use of
> 2.5 koma...I haven't yet figured that one out. Any thoughts?

What does this refer to?

> Attached is also a file showing all of the key signatures
> defined, turkish-makam-KEYSIGNATURE-DEMO.ly

It calls the version of turkish-makam.ly with your first name suffixed.

You have:
  #(ly:parser-set-note-names parser makamPitchNames)
In later versions of LilyPond, the "parser" part has been deprecated, so it
should be:
  #(ly:parser-set-note-names makamPitchNames)