Turkish makam using regular.ly

From: Adam Good
Subject: Turkish makam using regular.ly
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 21:24:36 -0400

Hi Hans,
I hope this email finds you well. Some questions for you if you have time plus
I want to share my close to complete turkish makam file based on the file you
sent me originally plus regular.ly

here's the new makam include file:
turkish-makam-ADAM.ly

the other file:
KEY_SIGNATURES_regularE53_TEST.ly
shows the key signatures plus tonic pitch for quite a number of different
Turkish makams.

Everything transposes like a charm! And I'm ecstatic about all of this.

However! I must be honest, I'm not a coder and math often escapes me so, pretty
confused by why the koma definitions are fractions of 10...ie, for a pitch of 4
koma difference, why is it a fraction of 4/10 wow I have no idea.

Another question would be, what if I don't want to use 53ET to an octave. How
about 24ET octave? How do I calculate the fractions I'd need for determining
pitch?

Does that question make sense?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Adam