Re: Export to MusicXML

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Export to MusicXML
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 11:04:48 +0200

Hello Alex,

you don't have to apologize for this question! It comes up every now and
then, but has not been answered satisfyingly yet. My answers to your
questions are:
1. Yes
2. I wrote a rudimentary engraver-based solution last year which is
waiting for clean-up and completion to support MEI, MusicXML, Humdrum,
LilyPond (!) and any other format for which an export-module with a
defined API exists.
https://github.com/jpvoigt/lilypond-export/

The code in the project is able to export a MusicXML-File for a simple
lilypond-score. The resulting files are not always correct/functional so
this is more sketch of the idea. The base is an engraver that fetches
and collects events and on score-finalization calls the specified export
module with this (normalized) music collection.
The collection is some scheme-structure, but should probably be better a
normal LilyPond music-expression.

Just a little piece of something ;-)
HTH
Jan-Peter