Re: Problem with guile-2.9.1-prerelease

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem with guile-2.9.1-prerelease
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 23:13:49 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Do., 11. Okt. 2018 um 21:54 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Will do, though I'll first wait for current 'make doc' to finish,
>> > (which may end successful or with another error, ofcourse). This may
>> > take some long time, because I do a one-processor run on my slow
>> > laptop.
>>
>> What kind of processor?
>
> Probably bad wording, I wanted to say I did 'make doc' and not 'make
> -j5 CPU_COUNT=5 doc'.
> But to answer the question:
> ~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> [...]
> model name    : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU  N3510  @ 1.99GHz
> [...]

Well, then I don't have anything better to offer you I guess.  Heck, the
system I am working on is the fastest I have (takes about 30 minutes for
a 9-process make doc) and its processor is a thermal mismatch to the
laptop, dissipating 6 times as much power as your CPU because it has the
same number of cores:

model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

The 2-core version it replaced takes only a bit more than 4 times the
power of your processor.  And, well, that's the system I got this year.
Because the older system with a P9300 (already an upgrade) was becoming
a bit long in the tooth.