Re: fix CueEndClef with parenthesized ClefModifier (issue 353720043 by a

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: fix CueEndClef with parenthesized ClefModifier (issue 353720043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 14:04:39 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 09:29:21 +0200, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On 20.06.2018 21:04, address@hidden wrote:
> >> https://codereview.appspot.com/353720043/diff/1/input/regression/cue-clef-transposition-optional.ly#newcode1
> >>
> >> input/regression/cue-clef-transposition-optional.ly:1: \version "2.21.0"
> >> When should the version number be updated? Only if new features are
> >> used? Or should it reflect the last changes to the file?
> >
> > The latter: It should reflect the first version containing the latest
> > changes to the file.
>
> It usually does because that's easiest to do/verify and we don't go back
> in time beyond last stable.  But the hard rule is not to write version
> numbers that would crash.

The two specific entries for the version statement are here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor-big-page.html#version-in-documentation-files

This is the more 'general' statement (for any *.ly file)

and

Ones regarding snippets.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor-big-page.html#adding-and-editing-snippets
 - specifically "Please ensure that the version number you use at the top of
the example is the minimum version that the file will compile with: for
example, if the LSR is currently at 2.14.2 and your example requires 2.15.30,
but the current development version of lilypond is 2.17.5, put \version
"2.15.30" in the example. "

I guess snippets that are imported from LSR may 'drift' from those compared to
.ly files in the ly dirs?

James