Re: issue #5341: Urgent corrections to stencil-integral.cc (skylines) (i

From: torsten . haemmerle
Subject: Re: issue #5341: Urgent corrections to stencil-integral.cc (skylines) (issue 341350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 03:49:10 -0700

On 2018/06/12 10:05:17, dak wrote:
However, cough cough, all this is an unnecessary complication.  Sorry
for
overlooking this.  Just write

Stencil q = *s;
[…]

Just to mention it:
How about the definition of ly:stencil-rotate in lily/stencil-scheme.cc?
There, we should have the exact same problem, shouldn't we?

I'm afraid I'll have to take a much more thorough look at this shit
show and
rework its data structures.

That'd be great…

I suggest you remove this change (which would not
even help due to the lack of scm_remember_upto_here_1) from this patch
set,
retaining the cosmetic parts, and I'll try coming up with something
that has a
chance of working regarding the GC parts.

Do you mean "remove the grob rotation coding" (Stencil q = *s;).

The cosmetic part being just < and <= etc...?

Is there a simple (minimal example way) to provoke the garbage
collection problem,
because in my test cases, it (accidentally) worked.

https://codereview.appspot.com/341350043/