Re: Allow use of Identity-H CMap and CID versions of Emmentaler (issue 3

From: knupero
Subject: Re: Allow use of Identity-H CMap and CID versions of Emmentaler (issue 343970043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 05:32:14 -0700

Answers to comments.

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/GNUmakefile
File mf/GNUmakefile (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/GNUmakefile#newcode145
mf/GNUmakefile:145: cd $(outdir) && mv $(notdir $@).otf $(notdir $@)
On 2018/05/26 16:25:25, lemzwerg wrote:
On 2018/05/26 15:17:09, Carl wrote:
> I think there is potential confusion where the CID file has no
extension,
> and just has capitalization to indicate it.  Is this a standard for
> CID-keyed fonts?

Actually, it is, but I don't see a reason to not use `.cid' as an
extension.

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in
File mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in#newcode90
mf/emmentaler-brace.pe.in:90: Generate("Emmentaler-Brace.otf")
On 2018/05/26 15:17:09, Carl wrote:
Will this work on MacOS?  IIRC, the default file system on MacOS is
case-insensitive, although it allows the used of mixed case.  THis
means you can
have emmentaler-brace,otf or Emmentaler-Brace.otf, but I don't think
you can
have both by default on MacOS.

For compatibility, I think there needs to be a different name.

Here's an example that shows the problem:

Carls-MBP:junk carlsorensen$ echo "This is a test" > test
Carls-MBP:junk carlsorensen$ cat test
This is a test
Carls-MBP:junk carlsorensen$ echo "This is an UpperCase test " > Test
Carls-MBP:junk carlsorensen$ cat Test
This is an UpperCase test
Carls-MBP:junk carlsorensen$ cat test
This is an UpperCase test

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/ps/cidres.in
File ps/cidres.in (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/343970043/diff/1/ps/cidres.in#newcode1
ps/cidres.in:1: lilypond-datadir (/fonts/otf/Emmentaler-11)
concatstrings (r) file .loadfont