Re: Rational

From: metachromatic
Subject: Re: Rational
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 23:26:15 -0700

>>> If you want an answer, ask a question.  Just stating something in the
>>> hope that the correction will work as an answer is trying your luck.

   What's the point of asking a question on this forum?  The answer
always seems to be: "Go fix it yourself. Dig into the Lilypond code,
and get busy, and stop bothering us with your bug reports."

   So, seriously...what's the point of this forum at all?

   When a user who reports a problem gets told "Fix it yourself," what
purpose does this forum serve?

   Why not just replace the entire forum with a GIF that says FIX
YOURSELF, LOSER, LOL!

   Boy, programmers...what a group.

   Imagine this philosophy applied to society at large.

   "Hello, city hall? The bridge is falling down--"
   "Fix it yourself, loser, LOL!"

   "Hello, CDC, I'd like to report an outbreak of ebola at--"
   "Fix it yourself, loser, LOL!"

   "Hi, is this the fire department?  I want to report a fire at--"
   "That's not a bug, that's a feature!  If you don't like it, go put
it out yourself. Pathetic."
--mclaren