\class grob property

From: Urs Liska
Subject: \class grob property
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 20:02:39 +0200

Hi all,

I'm thinking about having a new grob property \class, but before digging deeper I'd like to put the idea up for discussion.

This would have two different goals:

1) for SVG output the objects would get the class assigned (along with an id). I don't have any idea yet how that is implemented, though. This will make it possible to work with CSS in a display environment.

2) (Formatting) functions can check for a grob's class to perform e.g. highlighting operations (=> color all NoteHeads with class "temporary" red)

In addition I would like to use that to export class information to MusicXML.

Any comments or objections?
Urs