Re: issue 5312: Key cancellation glyph position inconsistent (issue 3430

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: issue 5312: Key cancellation glyph position inconsistent (issue 343020043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:49:36 -0700

On 2018/04/24 18:43:45, Be-3 wrote:

The intervals are just *approximating* the outlines of a run-of-the
mill
natural glyph. I even played around with the concept using squared
paper.
This approach more or less relies on the fact that the
square/parallelogram
part of a natural glyph will be one stave-space high independent of
the font
used, just like a notehead in *any* font will be one stave-space high.

So it's a reasonable approximation that the box part of the natural will
extend
about 3/4 staff spaces above the staff position of the natural, and the
descender
will  descend about 1.5 staff spaces below.

Seems like a reasonable estimate to me, even if it's not exact for a
particular font.
You can't get too far away from that and still fit in a staff.

Thanks,

Carl

https://codereview.appspot.com/343020043/