Re: Error compiling Lilypond 2.19.81

From: Peter Engelbert
Subject: Re: Error compiling Lilypond 2.19.81
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 01:12:57 +0000

Hi Karlin,

thank you -- this is very good reading.  It's making my head spin, which
means I'm learning something :)  I was able to install guile 1.8 via the
repository for Debian Jessie. as far as I know I'm not using guile 2.x for
anything anyway, so i don't mind having 1.8 installed instead.

Perhaps it is wacky to install from the repository from an earlier version
of Debian?  Is that unusual?  I'm fairly new to Linux though i have some
background in programming, and I don't fully understand package management.

Thanks again,
Peter