Stagnant regression test output

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Stagnant regression test output
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:49:30 -0500

Last night, I noticed that the log output for my local regression tests did not
hold the updated output I expected after test-clean, check.  It still held old
output that did not match what my rebuilt lilypond binary produced in a manual
run on the test input.  I ended up deleting my whole build directory and
starting over.

At this point, I don’t have any reason to believe that there is a problem
affecting other people; however, I don’t have evidence to the contrary either.
It’s going to take me some time to get to the bottom of it.  My hypothesis is
that there’s yet another undiscovered problem with my using a separate,
read-only source directory, but I want to warn everyone to pay attention as you
test, just in case it’s not limited to my environment.

Regards,
—
Dan