Re: Issue 5272: Add \depart <markup> (issue 337520043 by address@hidden)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 5272: Add \depart <markup> (issue 337520043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:09:47 +0000

<address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

    >     If there will probably even be a MIDI playback in the future, we
actually
    >     need "real" marks to jump to, not only text markups.
    >     This being said, I'd favour *something containing "mark" and
"repeat"*,
    >     because that's what it's all about.
    >

    >  If we want to capture semantics properly, I believe we need to recognize
that there are three different kinds of marks:

    > 1) "jump-from" marks (D.S. al ..., D.C. al ..., To Coda)
    > 2) "jump-to" marks (Segno, beginning of piece, coda)
    > 3) "stop playing" marks (Fine, end of piece)

    \playMark ?

Do you think we could adequately capture the semantics of all three kinds of
marks in a single \playMark command?  How would you identify if a given
\playMark command establish a jump-from, jump-to, or stop point?

By having different commands I intended we would have different events, which
could respond appropriately with iterators when doing unfolded playback.  If
there's another way to do that, I'd be happy to have a single command, but I
think I prefer \flowMark to \playMark, because it is more specific about the
intent of the mark.

Thanks,

Carl