Re: Issue 5264: fret diagram nut alignment (issue 335430043 by address@h

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 5264: fret diagram nut alignment (issue 335430043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:52:21 -0800

On 2018/01/18 19:42:01, thomasmorley651 wrote:
I don't think this is the right approach to make left-handed
fret-diagrams work.
Ofcourse it cures a single problem while using negative
string-distance, but
other problems are shining up as already mentioned.
Instead I think we should disallow negative string-distance, or rather
(because
LilyPond does no type-checking on sub-properties) always use the (abs
..).
For the left-handed fret-diagrams, why not place strings (and frets)
correctly
right from the start and let do the already existing code all the
other work?
I'll post a patch following this route on the tracker.

I agree that the negative string-distance is not the right way to create
left-handed fret diagrams.

The proper approach is to introduce a property that indicates the
diagram should be left-handed, and to make the stencil-coordinates
function in scm/fret-diagrams.scm respect that property.

https://codereview.appspot.com/335430043/