Re: new LilyDev, 0.2 release

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: new LilyDev, 0.2 release
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 15:16:40 -0500

On 11/3/2017 12:13 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:
Added a Debian container, based on stretch.
    Fedora images upgraded to version 27.
   Added all dependencies needed to build LilyPond without any warning: extractpdfmark, URW-35 OpenType font files (thanks to @karlinhigh for his script).    GUI apps can now be run from the container out of the box. This is based on a couple of assumptions, which should be correct most of the times (see the README).

This sounds good! I am glad for a Debian-container option. And if there are not dependencies to chase down and install, so much the better. I get frustrated after about three levels of that, when a dependency's dependency also has a dependency.

Now I'm wondering... is there any chance this container could run under Microsoft's Subsystem For Linux?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/commandline/wsl/about

I'm planning to check this out, unless someone else already knows it doesn't work.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA