Re: make test-baseline / make check problem

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: make test-baseline / make check problem
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 00:00:58 +0200

> Am 19.10.2017 um 14:59 schrieb Knut Petersen:
>>
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> I constantly hit the problem that the files
>>
>>   *
>> build/out/test-results/input/regression/out-test-baseline/merge-rests-engraver.png
>>   *
>> build/out/test-results/input/regression/out-test/merge-rests-engraver.png
>>
>> are different (a dot moves) - even if I test identical versions of
>> lilypond:
>

> Hm … I didn’t notice that when I made the patch for issue 5211. Probably
> because I changed the regression test itself and therefore expected
> different output.
>
> Does this problem occur also in a version before this patch?

Yep.
It was noticed soon after

commit 017ef9975f2fe3d6990c85b8107801706dc71baa
Author: Thomas Morley address@hidden
Date: Tue Aug 29 10:44:28 2017 +0200

Issue 5179 Let Merge_rests_engraver deal with dotted rests

Compare simple rests by their duration-length, duration-log does
not take possible dots into account.
Superfluous dots are killed with ly:grob-suicide!
Extend reg-test

Though, I can't see any reason _in_ this patch, more likely the
extended regtest triggers the problem David described earlier in this
thread.

Cheers,
  Harm