Re: Issue 5187 Add command for Thin Aiken noteheads (issue 326510043 by

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Issue 5187 Add command for Thin Aiken noteheads (issue 326510043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 18:04:27 -0500

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Karlin,
>
> at the time I started using git I was pointed to
> https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2
>
> Served me well (and still does)
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

Thanks for the reference! I started reading that (or a prior version)
a year or three ago. Sometimes I have trouble absorbing information
before encountering a need for it - use it or lose it, I'm afraid.
Before this, I haven't had projects that exceeded the version-control
abilities of the "Save As" command - with git I'm still in the mode of
xkcd.com/1597. But digging around in the LilyPond source code gives me
a feeling similar to looking up at the General Sherman Tree. I can see
that git is vital to projects like this.