Re: LilyPond in Debian

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: LilyPond in Debian
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 09:34:51 +0200

Hm, will I be able to get a system where I can build LilyPond again?

Urs, building guile 1.8 is a pretty trivial and fast process. Just do it and
don't care about debian

I'm really not fluent enough with package management, but could I install
Guile 1.8 from sid and use that for setting up my LilyPond environment?
I really don't want to use an extra virtual machine just for that.
(I don't need step-by-step instructions here, just a confirmation if it
is possible (and maybe a general pointer on how to proceed)

Attached you'll find a script that builds guile and lilypond from local copies
of their git repositories.
Obviously you'll have to adapt some paths defined and and used in the script
(LILYSOURCE, GUILESOURCE, LILYROOT) first.

Knut