Re: Propose Commit access for Étienne Beaulé

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Propose Commit access for Étienne Beaulé
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 18:07:02 +0200

James <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Étienne has pushed couple of patches now and I wondered if we could
> perhaps give him full commit access to git?
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git&a=search&h=4785a3ed7ce03c950f4f1f90ef6f412d038cedc7&st=author&s=%C3%89tienne

Well, our vetting activity is of rather spotty quality and his focus is
quite narrowed on SVG.  But that does not really change whether he is
pushing his patches himself after running the review course or others do
it for him.

So with the understanding that he'll make himself acquainted with the
pushing procedures (in particular our policy of never pushing to master,
of rebasing your feature branches before pushing and so on), I see
nothing to be gained from not letting him cater for pushing his patches
himself at this stage.