Re: Centering bass figures on whole notes and longer (issue 325070043 by

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Centering bass figures on whole notes and longer (issue 325070043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 08:10:11 +0100

On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 00:09 -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm afraid this patch does not fix the problem as wished.

It solves the problem of single bass figures and isolated accidentals on
notes of duration longer than whole note as the comment says.

You give an example of multiple bass figures on a note, I'm not sure
what you would wish to see for that case, but what LilyPond does in that
case is quite readable - I can't suggest any improvement for that case.
I wouldn't want to see the whole group of figures centered on the note
centre since they would seem to start before the note - I'm not sure
what the 19th c academic style might be...

Richard