Re: Leave of offliness

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Leave of offliness
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:56:57 -0400

On 2017-04-07 11:24 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Hi folks,

tomorrow morning I'll be leaving for my annual climbing trip in Italy
(not that I could afford it but there is no point in postponing all
living until death).

Sounds good. Have fun!

Well, doesn't sound good with regard to my getting the head around the
lyric/grace problem that blocked me with regard to automatic extenders.
I haven't forgotten about it, maybe the vacation will help getting my
head clear for it again.

Take your time - both for you and w.r.t. fixes/extensions. Better have something well-thought-out when it's ready than something that works right now, but becomes a maintainability burden after.

What /is/ slightly annoying and IMHO should be changed as soon as possible is the extendersOverRests default value. (Note that I didn't have /any/ time to care about Lilypond since March, so I could very well have missed a revert of that default.) I understand that the name doesn't carry a great relation to what it actually does, but the current state seems to break expectations in many cases.

Cheers,
Alexander