Re: Need some help - build doc fails for me

From: James
Subject: Re: Need some help - build doc fails for me
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 09:02:50 +0000

David,

On 16/03/17 08:10, David Kastrup wrote:
James <address@hidden> writes:

David,

On 15/03/17 12:47, David Kastrup wrote:
A Patchy-staging run went fine just now for me, for an i386 (32bit)
build.  I suspect your language environment to somehow interfere.
What's the output of

locale

for you?

address@hidden ~/lilypond-extra/patches $ locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Which looks OK.
LANGUAGE looks weird to me.  What happens when you call

perl

(exit again with C-c or C-d) ?  For some unfathomable reason, that has
been a rare application for me that actually complained about invalid
locale settings.

On the other hand, some of the recent report looked like you'd be
missing bibtex (which is a symlink on my system to a binary provided by
the texlive-binaries package).

Maybe you are either missing the teclive-binaries package or the bibtex
"alternative" is not properly set up?

Thank you. Don't worry too much, or waste any cycles figuring it out. The main thing was to make sure it was 'just me' and not something that affected others using the tree.

I think because I am quite flexible with my base OS - and my work 'desktop' sits in a VM on it - it will be a good opportunity to test my own personal 'Disaster Recovery' process for my PC at work and restore/reinstall clean again - and also to check the CG is still good to follow or if it needs updating.

Kill the proverbial birds so to speak.

James