Obsolete GSoC page (was: GSoC 2017)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Obsolete GSoC page (was: GSoC 2017)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 07:20:01 +0100

Am 06.03.2017 um 05:02 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
> PS: If I do a google search for `lilypond gsoc', the first hit is the
>     old
>
>       http://lilypond.org/gsoc.html
>
>     and only the second hit is the current
>
>       http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html
>
>     Any chance to fix this quickly, for example, to copy the latter to
>     the former?

I'm very surprised and didn't even know such a page exists!

~/git/lilypond/source$ git grep gsoc
Documentation/es/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/,
 GSoC} es un
Documentation/es/web/news.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,
 El
Documentation/fr/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual,
Documentation/it/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/,
 GSoC} รจ un programma
Documentation/ja/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/,
 GSoC} is a global
Documentation/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual,
Documentation/web/news.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,
Documentation/zh/web/news-front.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,

This indicates that the GSoC page's translation hasn't been properly
updated for a number of languages, but it doesn't really show how a
gsoc.html should have been triggered.

Is it possible that the HTML file is a leftover that simply hasn't been
removed when uploading the updated site (how is that actually done)? If
so, I suggest to use a permanent redirect instead of copying over the
content.

Anyway, this should (urgently) be looked at by someone familiar with the
website build process.

Urs

--
address@hidden