Re: GSoC 2017

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 05:02:45 +0100 (CET)

>> I also would appreciate any help defining this project so I can
>> write an effective proposal.  I am new to LillyPond development, but
>> I have used the program many years ago.

s/LillyPond/LilyPond/

> The first thing will be to get an idea about what happens when
> LilyPond uses glyphs from the notation font.  How does it locate the
> font, how does it identify the glyph to choose?  And on the other
> side, how is the notation font created during LilyPond's build
> process?  I think this is what you'll want to go for first, as a
> basis to shape a project description.
>
> I assume that Werner Lemberg and Abraham Lee will have to say some
> more on the technical parts of this project

Not yet :-)  I can only second what Urs said.

BTW, where are the current instructions to install a font compliant to
the SMuFL layout?

    Werner

PS: If I do a google search for `lilypond gsoc', the first hit is the
    old

      http://lilypond.org/gsoc.html

    and only the second hit is the current

      http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html

    Any chance to fix this quickly, for example, to copy the latter to
    the former?