Re: Lilypond python upgrade

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond python upgrade
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 03:40:25 +0000

On 12/7/16 6:28 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Andrew Bernard"
<address@hidden on behalf of
address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi All,
>

>Moving a thread across from the user list, I just wanted to let people
>know
>that I will be starting on the work of upgrading lilypond to use Python 3
>-
>yes, with all the complexity that entails. I am happy to have  a serious
>shot at this task.

Wow, I thought we were just talking about going from 2.6 to 2.7.  But 3 is
even newer, so it should have a longer life.

Great news!  Be sure to get Graham's help; he has lots of experience with
the build system and will know where many of the land mines lie.

Thanks again,

Carl