Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue

From: paulwmorris
Subject: Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue 306350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 13:51:37 -0700

On 2016/08/30 15:07:47, fedelogy wrote:

Paul, thanks for tackling this issue!

Thanks, glad to help.  It's been on my wish list for awhile.

I'd prefer a slider of images to save vertical space and scrolling.
Some time ago I made a quick test of a pure CSS image slider of
lilypond
examples, but never tried to apply it on texinfo and lilypond source.

Hmmm, I don't mind the scrolling or use of vertical space, and I like
how
the basic page of images fits the simple aesthetic of the rest of the
site.
Would a slider work well with the various heights of the images?  Maybe
it's
something we could consider for a future revision?

I _guess_ that the problem with the @anchor tag is due to
lilypond-texi2html.init

Probably so.  Maybe @anchor is a newer feature in texinfo?

I've uploaded a patch set 2 that succeeds at a full 'make doc' and adds
a second commit:

Web: Rearrange examples/images on home page

To raise the prominence of some common use cases,
the 4 marked with an asterisk (*) below.

NEW ORDER:
Classical Music
Complex Notation
Early Music
Modern Music
* Tablature
* Vocal Music
* Popular Music
Efficient, flexible creation of performance materials
* Educational Applications
Schenker Graphs
Customized Output
Large Projects

OLD ORDER:
Classical Music
Complex Notation
Early Music
Modern Music
Efficient, flexible creation of performance materials
Tablature
Schenker Graphs
Customized Output
Vocal Music