Fork of MusicXML Test Suite

From: Michael Scott Cuthbert
Subject: Fork of MusicXML Test Suite
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 21:18:26 +0000

Dear Lilypond developers,

I’m the principal developer of music21, a python-based toolkit for
computational musicology and musical analysis which interfaces with MusicXML
and some aspects of lilypond (output; no input).  In order to test musicxml
input and output, I’ve long relied upon the Lilypond MusicXML Test Suite.
There are some aspects that are missing or incorrectly encoded in it, so I’ve
asked Reinhold Kainhofer if he minded if I forked the MIT-licensed test suite
so that it could be edited separately from contributing directly to Lilypond
(or to music21).  He had no objections, so I’ve started to work on the project
at:

https://github.com/cuthbertLab/musicxmlTestSuite

Most of my work will be in testing aspects of MusicXML that are not in the
current test suite, along with testing new MusicXML 3.0 changes to the
specification.

(as an aside. in case anyone is interested in borrowing from or working on the
music21 (abc, musicxml, noteworthy, cappella) to Lilypond code, it’s at
https://github.com/cuthbertLab/music21/tree/master/music21/lily)

Thanks for letting me pop on the list.  Long a fan of the great musical
typography of Lilypond.

Best,
Michael Cuthbert