Re: identifiers with numbers - new LSR-snippet

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: identifiers with numbers - new LSR-snippet
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 16:59:11 +0200

Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13.08.2016 10:29, David Kastrup wrote:
>> \part.1 in contrast is slightly different.  I'll work on improvements by
>> and by but at the current point of time this is not really at a "proudly
>> announceable by snippets" state.  It still has drawbacks and irks.
>
> It seems that others as well as I have been thinking it is a great new
> feature and started to use it quite often, so I wonder if there is any
> kind of caveat for using it yet: will the functionality or syntax
> change? or are those changes merely concerning
> implementation/performance issues?

At the current point of time I think that \part.1 does not copy the
music expression.  That's pretty bad if you do stuff like

<<
  \transpose c' d' { \part.1 }
  \transpose c' d' { \part.1 }

That's sort of a deal-breaker so I'll address it soon.

Also you cannot use \part.1 everywhere that \partI would work: it's a
subset.  In particular, it won't work very satisfactorily for post
events.  That's not as bad as the first problem: if it doesn't work yet,
it doesn't and one sees it right away.