Re: Doc: CG update Indenting with vim section (issue 302340043 by addres

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Doc: CG update Indenting with vim section (issue 302340043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2016 06:26:42 -0700

Thanks for doing this -- it helps me understand better how things work,
and gives an example of a more robust set of vim settings.

https://codereview.appspot.com/302340043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/302340043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi#oldcode394
Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi:394: autocmd
BufWritePre * :%s/\s\+$//e
I think we should leave the removal of trailing whitespace in our
recommended .vimrc

This eliminates the problem of whitespace errors (which git will track
and complain about).

I agree that it doesn't belong in the indenting section, but I think it
should still be part of our recommendations for using vim.

https://codereview.appspot.com/302340043/