Re: Gub failure

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Gub failure
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:12:56 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2016 5:57 PM

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

Maybe gub still contains an older version?  Sorry for not having
checked that before committing.

Indeed, I now see that only texinfo 4.11 is required.

How to proceed?  Reverting is easy (commit
445bf3bb2fbd1f259fe43ade204fb34d68bdd581, the changes in
`macros.itexi').  However, I would prefer if we update to a newer
version of texinfo.

Texinfo 5 is vastly slower and this might make an impact on Gub times.
On the other hand, stuff like the improved indexing requires fairly
recent versions of Texinfo.

Gub takes such an extraordinary time to build, it probably wouldn't make much difference. On my core i7, quad core, 8 cpu system, a full build from scratch takes over a day. The shortest time I ever get from a good previous build is about an hour and a half. A standard make doc is about 16 minutes.

--
Phil Holmes