Re: Doc: Add a section about handling MIDI dynamics with multiple voices

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Doc: Add a section about handling MIDI dynamics with multiple voices (issue 302930043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 00:03:42 -0700

On 2016/07/12 13:38:16, dan_faithful.be wrote:
> I suspect all of this behavior is due to the Staff_performer logic,
> which tries to distribute notes and dynamics into separate classes
by
> the names of their associated Voices - maybe this should be done
using
> some other criterion (such as an internal Voice ID, unique to each
Voice
> instance).

As I mentioned, I already have a private branch that removes the mess
from
Staff_performer and lets Dynamic_performer link notes to their
dynamic.  I
haven’t tested it with your example, but I expect it to work more
sensibly.
Dynamics shouldn’t affect notes outside of the dynamic performer’s
context.

> implementation should simply be changed to query for the default
value
> from the default absolute volume map using one of the keys defined
in
> scm/midi.scm (and I agree that "mf" is probably a reasonable
choice).

If this plan is accepted, you could conscientiously document “mf” as
the default
now.

I volunteer to make the change.  If someone would create a ticket and
assign it
to me, it would help me remember.
—
Dan