Re: Doc: Add a section about handling MIDI dynamics with multiple voices

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Doc: Add a section about handling MIDI dynamics with multiple voices (issue 302930043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:41:18 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode3028
Documentation/notation/input.itely:3028: value 0.71 in the available
MIDI volume range between 0 and 1.
On 2016/07/11 16:39:01, Carl wrote:
I think that it's useful to know what the default value is.  But I
also think we
should have a comment that indicates it is defined in scm/midi.scm

But I've seen the default hard-coded in C++.

And I think it would make more sense for a default to be a musical
dynamic level (mf), not a number; that would be an easy enhancement to
make, but also an easy documentation change when it comes to it.

https://codereview.appspot.com/302930043/diff/20001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode3030
Documentation/notation/input.itely:3030: identically named voices in the
same @code{Staff}.