Re: rsvg-view can't display SVG files created by lilypond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: rsvg-view can't display SVG files created by lilypond
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 15:10:32 +0200 (CEST)

>> Mhmm, `damage' is too big a word IMHO.  This problem is already
>> fixed in the latest release of librsvg (and it wasn't present in
>> some earlier versions about a year ago; at least I was able to
>> submit an SVG to Wikipedia without any problems), and I believe
>> that at least Wikipedia will update within the next few months.
>
> So a half-year outage of LilyPond on Wikipedia and a messup of
> Denemo and a number of other applications is not "damage".

I guess that with a new non-developer lilypond release the problems
with Wikipedia are already solved.  Up to now it seems that noone has
noticed the problem with lilypond at all – I was the first who has
reported this here, it seems...

BTW, already uploaded files to Wikipedia are usually not an issue,
since (a) the browsers that display SVGs directly are not affected,
and (b) the SVGtoPNG conversion on Wikipedia worked fine also until a
librsvg update broke this a few months ago.

Of course I don't object to a sensible solution, if you have one.

    Werner