Re: Code examples in docs

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Code examples in docs
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:11:57 +0000

On 4/7/16 12:11 AM, "address@hidden on
behalf of Urs Liska" <address@hidden on
behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

>However, when *deleting* the .py and .pyc files an error was triggered,
>when lilypond-book tries to import book_html.
>
>Looking further into it I realized:
>- book_base keeps an array with "formatters"
>- upon importing any specific book_X it registers an instance of the
>formatter class in book_base
>- So if book_html is empty no HTML formatter is registered with
>lilypond-book
>
>This is why there is no error with the empty file.
>However, this isn't an answer to my question yet. If the HTML formatter
>is *not* used to produce the HTML included in the doc pages, what else?
>
>Any further ideas?

What about if you delete python/out and redo make doc?

Just wondering if there's something wrong with the build script that
python/out isn't properly recreated when python/*.py changes.  In my
setup, python/*.py is not executable, but python/out/*.py is.  So make is
apparently copying the .py files, setting them executable, and creating
the .pyc files.

Again, untested.  But I have done a grep for blockquote and it only shows
up in book_html.py as far as I can see.  So I think it must be
book_html.py.

Thanks,

Carl