Improve beam count handling with subdivided beams (issue 276560043 by ad

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Improve beam count handling with subdivided beams (issue 276560043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 00:48:53 +0000

THe code looks good to me.  Just some minor details to look at.

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/new/subdividing-beams.ly
File Documentation/snippets/new/subdividing-beams.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/new/subdividing-beams.ly#newcode7
Documentation/snippets/new/subdividing-beams.ly:7: \version "2.19.34"
I think you should remove the header above here, because you are in
Documentation/snippets/new

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly
File Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly#newcode5
Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly:5: %
I think that in Documentation/snippets/new you should not have the DO
NOT EDIT header -- just the snippet.  THen you won't have the doubled
header you have here.

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/1/lily/include/beaming-pattern.hh
File lily/include/beaming-pattern.hh (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/1/lily/include/beaming-pattern.hh#newcode76
lily/include/beaming-pattern.hh:76: Moment remaining_length (int idx)
const;
Why did you choose to make remaining-length public?  It seems to me that
the in your usage it can all be private -- that is, I don't see any use
case where some other beaming pattern needs to get the remaining length
in this beaming pattern.

At least in your code, I don't see any public uses.

But I don't feel strongly about this, and it does seem to have some
similarities with the other public functions.

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/