Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:22:32 -0400

> On Jul 19, 2015, at 4:14 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> a slider of examples, instead of a long list (as the current examples page),
> would be nice but it requires more work on CSS

It’s worth mentioning that there are a lot of web designers who think that
sliders / carousels are not a good idea.  Apparently content in them is usually
ignored according to user research.  Search the web for more on this, or see
for example:  http://shouldiuseacarousel.com/

Anyway, I like the idea of a simple list as on the current examples page, at
least as a first step.

Also +1 for raising the profile of Frescobaldi on the website.  Would help new
users get started.

Unfortunately my time constraints are pretty bad for the foreseeable future
(plus tendonitis in my wrist), so I likely won’t be able to help with this in
the short term.

-Paul