Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Joram
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 13:36:19 +0200

Hi David,

Am 19.07.2015 um 10:37 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Is this something we should try integrating with lilypond-book?

I basically tried to reproduce lilypond-book on markdown for my
purposes. So before the usual md -> html conversion is done, the ly
snippet is compiled by lilypond and replaced by the image (svg) on the
fly. The image name is a hash on the content and no recompilation is
done if this hash is unchanged to save the compilation time.
More features of lilypond book (e.g. options) are not yet done.

To be more precise it is an extension to the python markdown module. So
it can be used everywhere, the python markdown module is used to get
html from md. lilypond-book is a conversion:
html/latex/... with lilypond parts -> pure html/latex/... with images,
right? So markdown could be added to the input formats while keeping
html as the output format in that case. I'll have to look into
lilypond-book how/if that is possible.

> Is your integration something that we should be advertising somewhere?

I would like to get it into a better shape before showing it to a wider
public. And I first have to extract it from other private code. I'll
come back to this list when I reached that stage. Not in the next weeks
though.

> I seem to remember that Henning similarly did some LilyPond integration
> into Context and don't think that this is general knowledge.

This means compared to lilypond-book, one only has to compile it once
with context and not in two steps? That sounds interesting.

Cheers,
Joram