Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:37:42 +0200

Joram <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Am 19.07.2015 um 09:21 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> That nobody ever bothered to do so in all those
>> years is one indicator that there is not much overlap between people
>> wanting to use LilyPond and people wanting to use Markdown.
>
> I am one of this (perhaps small) intersection between Markdown and
> LilyPond users. And I have written a Markdown extension to integrate ly
> snippets into markdown.
> On the other hand, this means I wrote this extension because I could not
> find anything existing.

Well, somebody needs to do it.  Is this something we should try
integrating with lilypond-book?  One advantage of lilypond-book is that
it is working with a snippet database so that code examples occuring
repeatedly (quite frequent with translations) will only get compiled
once.  For the typical Markdown document this will not be much of an
issue.  For the LilyPond documentation, it definitely is.  I don't know
how many other similarly large-scale documents/collections with repeated
fragments and regular need of compilation actually exist.

Is your integration something that we should be advertising somewhere?
I seem to remember that Henning similarly did some LilyPond integration
into Context and don't think that this is general knowledge.